Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Gallery Changes

I found a stash of donut beads in my inventory. They remind me of Life Saver candies.

I have been dragging my feet for several months to finalize my decision to withdraw from a gallery I've been with for 3 years. It was such a difficult decision, but money speaks.

A bit of weave and seed beads to dress up this Lapis.

My sales have never been strong there, but it's a delightful gallery.  They were fairly new when I started with them, so I took into consideration a new venue takes time to get established.  Recently, they acquired a new gallery director and I thought she would bring a fresh approach, which she did, yet my sales didn't increase. The final straw was requiring all artists and artisans to pay an annual dues! Laughable, I thought, since this isn't  a prestigious gallery.  Paying an annual dues would net me a loss.

Tiny crystals and some twisted wire added some personality to this pendant.

In the meantime I'm actively submitting jury applications to other more successful galleries.  Yesterday was a promising meetup.  I'll let you know all the details in about a week.

I really like how the colors in this agate match the copper wire.

I'm posting a few pictures of some new work throughout this post.

Thank you for visiting my blog.

Have a joy filled and creative day!

Linda
www.LindaSinish.com
"Getty up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda