Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Friday, February 12, 2016

Liver of Sulphur Attacked Earrings


Originally, these were vibrant red, pink and blue.  Sad, so sad!

Failure! 10 pairs of earrings into the trash! 5 hours of my time, wasted! YUP! I used some very pretty 10mm cracked glass beads to make some petite earrings. I immersed them into liver of sulphur and polished them. Little did I know or think about the liver of sulphur finding its way into those cracks! Duh! It makes sense - now! Of course, there isn't anyway to remove the darkness of the liver of sulphur, so they are in the trash. Lesson learned! If you look at the beads you will see the cloudiness and the beads are completely void of luster, as well as the color is unappealing.


It's not always like this in my studio. Thank goodness! But, it goes to show that after 11 years of making jewelry, I still have something to learn.

Have a joy filled and creative day!  Thank you for visiting!

Linda
Getty Up!


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Don't through them away! Since you're the only one who knows how they looked before dipping them, then I bet they would still sell. Before I read your post, I thought "how pretty!" when I saw the wrapped beads. Not everything has to be shiny or lustrous to be pretty. Try selling them. See what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda