Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cold Day At The Bead and Gem Show


My wonderful sistah-friend (Sisters with different parents!) Brenda and I ventured out in the single digits to go to the bead and gem show. My vehicle had a hard time starting, but after it groaned with resistance, it started up like a champ. This winter has been especially cold and snowy this year. After we stopped for a quick bite to eat, we went on a treasure hunt at the bead and gem show. I was surprised and a bit disappointed in this expo. There were many empty spots, where it was obvious the vendors were a no show. I'm guessing the cold and snow up and down the east coast kept them away. It was balanced with less customers. What really didn't appeal to me was the over abundance of retailers that were selling everything, but beads and gems, from scarves, perfumes, hair clips,, purses and some clothing. Who knows why. But, my friend did find some really good deals for gifts, so it worked out perfectly.

My favorite find are the happy agates, pictured above. Seeing these stones at the gem show gave me a touch of spring fever. I love all of the delicious candy colors of these agate beads. They vary in size from 15 mm to 40 mm. I'm planning on using the larger stones in pendants.


These lovely pearls were found in the wholesale section of the event. I think they will be wonderful framed in wire for earrings. The cream colored pearls will be paired with copper and the fuchsia will be in silver.


I've never seen agate in this cut. Since they are over 2" in length (66mm) it makes sense to create pendants. I'll soften the hard edges with some curve in the wire. I'm hoping my customers will like them. They had other colors, but these were the happiest.


More candy!  I seemed to be on a pink roll during this shopping trip.These agate roundels are large, at 12 x 17mm, You guess it!  I'll be making them into pendants.

Thank you for visiting. I'll be playing with these stones and pearls and posting pictures in future blog posts.

Have a joy filled and creative day!
Linda

www.LindaSinish.com
www.LindaSinish.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Getty up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda