Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Monday, January 26, 2015

Lovely Hearts

I've been a busy gal recently and have neglected my blog.  So many little things have been on my to do list that I haven't made time for my blog.  One of those things has been to meet my goal of increasing my inventory in my Etsy shop.  I wanted to have at least 100 items listed.  As of today, I have 107 items.Yippee! There were more, but there were several sales in January. Another,Yippee!


This heart pendant is my favorite!  This technique has several names, from chaos curls to swirl and curl.  There are several layers of wire that lay on top of each other and then I used a rawhide mallet to manipulate them into a solid form.  Then I added a splash of color, with red Swarovski crystals

Like so many of my lovely jewelry making friends, I too, have been making and listing hearts for the Valentines Day season.  I never really get tired of hearts, nor do I need a season to make hearts. I love to see how I can make another heart that has a different style.  But, I don't think I'm alone.  I bet a lot of people love making hearts, either in jewelry, in quilts, on canvas or with a crayon.


I've been making this form for years, but this time I added the swirls to one side and some pretty pink and green Swarovski crystals.


If you look closely you will see that this pendant uses the same open heart form like that above it.  Only this time, I have made the forms smaller and added a bit of bling with clear Swarovski crystals.


Look closely and you will see lots and lots of hearts in a chain maille technique.  The next time I make this bracelet I think I'll add a glass heart bead as the charm.

I've been learning to weave and I hope to have my technique perfected in the near future so I can show you my new pieces.

Thank you for visiting. Have a joy filled and creative day!

Linda
Getty Up!

3 comments:

  1. I love your hearts, Linda! I love that chaos technique although I've never attempted. Beautiful pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryanne, Thank you for your lovely compliment. It means a lot to me. It sounds like you make jewelry, too. If you are interested in how the Chaos Curls are made, you can find a tutorial by Mary Anne Harvey on Facebook on her site Rug N Annie. Here's a link to her pictures of the project in process. Also, I have a Facebook page that is dedicated to only my jewelry at https://www.facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan Have a great day! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda