www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sell More Stuff by Using Enticing Merchandising

For the longest time I have known that my jewelry doesn't sell itself.  I've know that my booth and it's display should be enticing.  Mostly, because I like my own home to be attractive.  Recently I have decided to explore this more.  I wanted to know how and what visual displays can help my business.

It turns out that beautiful, well made, priced well jewelry isn't always enough.  Hmmm!

Enter 'Merchandising'.

Wiki says:

'In the broadest sense, merchandising is any practice which contributes to the sale of products to a retail consumer. At a retail in-store level, merchandising refers to the variety of products available for sale and the display of those products in such a way that it stimulates interest and entices customers to make a purchase.
In retail commerce, visual display merchandising means merchandise sales using product design, selection, packagingpricing, and display that stimulates consumers to spend more. This includes disciplines and discounting, physical presentation of products and displays, and the decisions about which products should be presented to which customers at what time.'
In my quest of course I went to my friends at 'Google' and found this awesome link.
Here the writer has done a lot of work for us with a list of 14 Tips `no one seems to want.  Pop over to this article for ideas to help it sell.  By the way! Apparently I've been doing it wrong by grouping the unsellables together.  They should be highlighted with great stuff surrounding it.  Now that makes sense to me.  I can hear 'Oh, look at that beautiful piece at (insert high price).  But I can't afford it, but I can get this piece (insert unsellable).  So I'll try it and see what happens.
#5 Display Appeal (leave space between displays) and #7 Natural Props (get rid of (artificial flowers) are of interest to me.  I currently use 3 huge turquoise colored daisies.  They draw the eye to the booth, they receive comments,  Could this writer be wrong?  I must put on my thinking cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda