Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bohemian Earrings

I have just completed my first bohemian style pair of earrings.  These were adapted from a tutorial I found on Youtube via Pinterest by Melinda Orr.  Thank you Melinda!  Here's the link to her video Melinda Orr tutorial.


 I haven't made a pair of earrings this large - ever!  They measure 2 3/4" L x 1 3/8" W. These were a bit difficult for me, not the technique but the design, since it's out of my comfort zone.  But, I decided it was time to challenge myself and step outside of my design box. Once my earrings were completed it was clear that I did something different than Melinda's instructions.


 First, I placed the large mandrel of the large step plier on the wrong spot of the wire frame.  Yes, it makes a difference.  My next pair will be better.


I'm not sure what size beads Melinda used.  I thought they were 4mm so that's what I used, but at reviewing her video I'm thinking she may have used 6mm.


And, then, for some reason I thought she hammered the drop loop, but that's not the case.   And, my earwire looks oddly large and I believe it's because I didn't make my frame as wide as she instructed. 


The real error is the location of my cut ends. Oh, my!  I know better!  I must have been in la la land. I'll take these earrings back to the work table and trim the wire ends and hide them to the back of the design.

All in all, I like these earrings and plan on keeping them for myself.  I think they will look great with my hair down, my long jean skirt and tall boots.  Fall is near.  Maybe, I'll post a future blog with this pair compared to the actual design.

Thank you for reading along as I critiqued my first attempt at a new style.

Have a joy filled and creative day.

Linda

4 comments:

  1. I like them to...Verry pretty..Your dutch friend. .from fb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, Oh, my gosh! It's so wonderful to hear from you on my blog. Thank you, thank you my Dutch friend, for your lovely complement. I'm so glad you like them. I'll finish 'tweaking' them so I can wear them. I'm already starting the wire for the next pair.

      Delete
  2. I read your post last night on my IPad - which would not let me leave a comment -ugh! Anyway, I think these look beautiful just the way they are!!! You have made them "your own" - I like the hammered drop loop, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, Thank you. I appreciate your positive feed back. This morning I made just the frames. Melinda's design is wonderful, but I just couldn't help myself and made the shape according to my inner guidance. I do think I will trim the ear wire down a bit. BTW 12 GA is a bear!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda