www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, January 13, 2014

Today's Work Table


For the past several days I have attempted to write a blog, but none of my pictures would post.  They just hung out with a mystery twirling ball, which I imagine meant Blogspot was thinking.  It turns out to be Google's attempt to get me to change my browser from the big E to Google Chrome.  I've heard nothing good about Chrome, something about Google collecting every bit of my data that I post.  I don't have any secrets that I would ever put in print form, but I do like having a choice in whether someone gathers my info without asking.  But, then again, I have had this blog since 2005 and Google has found a way to force me to use Chrome.  If I use Chrome I can post pictures on my blog.  How annoying!  But, I have found a way to work around it.  I use the big E for everything, except for Blogspot.  I have placed a Chrome icon on my laptop and only open it for my blog.  I'm not technical, but I think this should do the trick.

Now for today's blog.  The new year has many, many goals in place for my wire jewelry business.  The first is pretty much the same as for the beginning of last year "To make new designs and challenge myself with new techniques".  To help me along with my quest I have been using the new book "The Missing Link" by Cindy Wimmer.  If you like to make wire jewelry you will love, love, love this book.  One of the link designs in her book is called Cumulus Clouds.  She shows it being used as a link and last November, I did just that, plus I made a necklace focal.  But, now I've adapted the link into a pendant.  I've used heavier wire and attached a bead dangle.  Since this picture was taken, I have already tweaked the pendant design by making the bail larger and a double loop of wire.  Since, this is the first pendant, I wanted to show it.  Besides, it's late and I haven't taken a picture of the next version with the small change.


This pendant is now listed in my on line shop at lindasinish.etsy.com

Now for a sneak peek onto my work table.  This is just a small area on my table.  You can see that it's a mess.  I have a tendency to start a project and place the parts on a paper plate.  Then, the plates begin to stack onto themselves.  Most of the time, it's because I get distracted by a new design that 'must' be started 'now'.  I then look back at the older projects and they look and feel like that basket of laundry that needs to be folded and sorted and I just don't want to do it.  I can be such a child at times.

I'll break this picture down in sections in the following photos.  But, guess who forgot to order copper wire and had to use bronze.  Actually, it was fun playing with the bronze wire.

These are a pair of earrings in progress.  The ear wires need to be made and attached and everything needs to be cleaned and polished.  I've been admiring this design on Pinterest and was thrilled to find the tutorial in the last Wire Jewelry magazine.  I found them a bit awkward to make, but honestly, it might have been my mood.  I was cranky....more coffee please!

You've seen this link before, but in antiqued copper.  I just need to figure out which beads I want to use and then a new necklace will be ready.

Hearts!  I played with a new pendant heart design.  I want to embellish them with some bling, maybe, most likely some Swarovski crystals and some wire swirls and  wire wiggles.  I have some small glass hearts, I wonder if that would be too many or a compliment?  I 'll try one and see if I like it.  I can always remove them and start over.

Back to copper and another link from Cindy's book.  I need to make a few more links and then I can finish this necklace.

Well, I've been writing instead of sleeping, so I better put my laptop down.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  Have a joy filled and creative day! ~ Linda

Getty Up!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda