www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, June 3, 2013

Unpacking in Virginia

The move from West Virginia to Virginia is completed.  Lots of stress, but I will spare you the details.  Most of the boxes have been unpacked or placed into the storage area.  There are details yet to be done, like all those bits and pieces that I need to think about for there new permanent home.  But, today I finally cleared off my work table.  Happy dance!  Happy dance!

Here's a sneak peak into the new and smaller studio space.  It is ...not done....but I thought I'd share the progress.  If you read along, I'll fill you in on some of my plans.

A very efficient 8' x 8' dormer studio.  Up at the top is a ceiling fixture, that I managed not to photograph, there will be a very cool, funky, creative, possibility chandelier in it's future.  It's going to be fun going on a quest for the perfect light fixture.

Directly under my work table are 3 blue bins.  They need to be sorted and very soon disappear, but for now they are glaring at me to do something about their contents.  And there's Sadie taking advantage of a double layer of carpeting.  I put down a rug on top of the carpeting.

I am so darn pleased with these racks.  My small plastic bins that contain all those bits and pieces and completed jewelry, fit these shelves - perfectly!  A very happy accident.  On the very bottom are the pink, purple and blue organza bags that I give to customers.  Sometimes, I think customers are more happy with the brightly colored bag than the actual jewelry. Hmmm

My work table is NEVER this tidy!!!  I have flanked each side with pole lamps to give me plenty of light.  The lamp on the left of this picture needs to be adjusted. It looks a bit drunk.  The window is perfect.  There is a blind that needs to be reinstalled, but it will most likely remain up to allow me to take advantage of the wonderful natural light.

And here are the fairies and dolls.  The fairies will be hung with fishing line in front of the studio window. The larger fairies and dolls will find the perfect spot as my intuition directs.
 
Now that my work table is setup I need...err.... want to get busy and make some jewelry.  There is a lot on my to do list for my new home and business here in Virginia.  The next few posts will let you in on the studio progress, the new classes to teach and the new venues for selling.
 
Thank you for visiting.  Have joy filled and creative day! ~ Linda
 
Want to know more ~ visit my web-page at www.lindasinish.com
Or visit my on line shop at www.lindasinish.etsy.com


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to VA, Linda! So glad you were back. But I sure wish you were closer. It would be fun to come and see your new studio in person, not to mention a chance to see Sadie. The double carpet is a great idea! Your bead stash and storage is amazing!! WOW. Wishing you the best in your new home and looking forward to hearing more about your this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, Thank you for your warm welcome. It feels great to be back in VA. I'm about a 45 minute drive to Reston (during non-rush hour traffic). Perhaps you and Jeanette and I can meet in that area one day for coffee.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the perfect spot for you to create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen, I miss your wonderfulness! Gooooooooooo purple!

      Delete
  3. The new studio looks great. So organized and tidy. (for now, right?) And Sadie looks right at home. Happy creating in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia, You are so right....for now! Actually, as of last night the work table lost its tidy look and has adopted some copper wire, notes in the book and a new experimental link. Thank you for your kind words and wishes.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda