www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Slip Sliding Away

 

The things an artist will do to complete a project. Can you relate to this story? I finished my February Challenge bracelet for the Facebook group, 'Realisart: Showcase for Jewelry Makers and Painters' and needed to take pictures.  Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words....I take my pictures outside on my back deck, because of the lighting. I keep a bunch of scrap book paper in a plastic bin. When I'm ready to to take some photos I place the plastic bin on the deck railing, open it, choose my back ground, lay out the jewelry and take pictures. As you can see from the below 'accidental' picture, I even do this when there is snow covering my world (which is 5 months out of the year). This picture was taken as I slipped on the snow and caught the plastic case and bracelet with very, very, very, did I say very? cold hands.


As you might know, from my early posts, I have my home, here in the West Virginia mountains, on the market for sale.  I will be moving to a Warrenton, VA where I'll have a lot less snow and perhaps a lot less strange pictures.  I have so many memories of this beautiful mountain area, including my taking pictures of jewelry in the freezing and snowy weather.

Here's a another picture of the same bracelet.  It will be listed for sale in my on line shop later today.  First I need a hot cup of coffee and maybe prop my feet up in the recliner for a little break.

 
Have a warm and cozy day!  Linda

2 comments:

  1. Funny story. Love the bracelet. Looks like heart links. Thanks for the tip to shoot pics outside. Makes perfect sense considering the light comes from all sides and not just from a lamp. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, I'm glad this story brought a smile to you. Yes, you are correct, the bracelet is made of 16 ga wire shaped into hearts. I believe there are 40 hearts in total. Have a happy day! Linda

      Delete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda