www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pay It Forward Begins Monday

Play It Forward!!! Starting Monday, I will be listing jewelry in my on line shop as part of Play It Forward. All I will be asking for is the mailing fee of $2.50 and the 20 cent listing fee that is required by Etsy. I will be posting the jewelry here on my blog and on my Facebook page and in my Etsy shop.    In the past the jewelry was snaped up really quickly, because Etsy has so many shoppers, so if you are interested you will need to act fast. I'll continue to Pay It Forward with jewelry listings for at least a week and maybe longer. Stay tuned!!! It's gonna' be fun!


Friday, January 25, 2013

Frustrating Failed Results

I'm going to attempt to write this post in a positive tone.  However, I must admit that at this moment I'm experiencing a great deal of frustration.  Creating new pieces of jewelry is very rewarding.  But, not all days go smoothly, even for those of us doing what we want for a living.


I'm wearing an eye patch, so my writing is limited to the vision of my right eye.  Even with my wearing glasses and a magnifier visor, I have somehow managed to get something in my left eye.  I've used an eye wash, repeatedly and believe the debris has been removed.  Of course, now the eye hurts every time I blink, so some gauze and a large bandage is keeping my eye lid closed, so the lid doesn't keep irritating my eye, as it heals.  Sorry, I sound like such a whiner.


Today, I completed 1 pendant and 8 pair of earrings.  All are new designs for me.  My frustration has only allowed me time to photograph 3 of the new pieces.  So, what's the bad mood all about?  Well, the frames for my new jewelry pieces didn't oxidized!!!  Lot's of work went into these beauties.  First I used heavy wire and formed the frames.  Then I carefully hammered the wire.  The beads were added by attaching them with thinner wire.  So, as I was giving them a bath, out on the snow covered deck, I watched as the thinner wire darkened, as expected.  Since, I've been using liver of sulphur for about 8 years now, I've grown to know when all of the wire should be dark in color.  But still I wondered why the heaver wire wasn't changing.  So I gave the wire a bit more time to help encourage it, thinking perhaps my standing out in the cold had caused me to be impatient.  But, no!  It continued to remain the original color.  I puzzled over the results.  After all, these 9 pieces have been in the works for nearly 3 days.  I finally realized my mistake.  While making the frames, I pulled out my wire and decided I should use up the old wire on the small coils that had been in storage for years.  'Here's your sign!'  This wire had been purchased during my early years and I had mistakenly purchased coated wire, i.e. this stuff is treated to keep it from tarnishing.  Grrrrrr! Yes, this wire has now been permanently removed from my studio.  This was one very time intensive lesson!


As you can see from the pictures above, there are other errors to be seen.  First, I see that the gap between the tops of the earrings are not equal.  So I'll adjust these and re-photograph, perhaps on a non-snowy day!  Then the pendant is not wrapped to my expectations.  I do love the design, but it certainly isn't worth listing for sale.  I'll remove the wire on the right side and re-wire.

Now, I think I'll go vacuum something, so I can restore my feeling of completing something successfully.  Then, I'll celebrate my vacuuming success with a Weight Watchers ice cream.

Thank you for putting up with me today and I promise my next blog post will be positive.  Perhaps with similar designs only correctly completed.

Linda

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dreaming of Rhyolite and Copper Wire



A very short post today.  I've spent today making this necklace and now I need to get my house work under some level of order.  My studio seems to have crepe onto my kitchen counter.  Yikes!


I woke up this morning with this wire link on my mind. The whole time I was forming it I was questioning it's stability, but after hammering the loops to harden and then pressing the loops down to align with the stone, forming a little angle from the loop to the bead, it seems to be staying put.   I'll wear it around the house to give it a test drive before I list it in my on line store.  By the way, the stone is Rhyolite and the copper is 18 gauge and 16 gauge for the clasp and larger jump rings.


Oh, and 2 of my New Year resolutions....first, to fill my on line store to the brim with jewelry; second, to join Weight Watchers and get a balanced, healthy diet into my routine, not to mention losing enough weight to get back into my skinny jeans.

I'm working on a new tutorial for another wire link that I completed yesterday.  The pictures are taken.  I just need to schedule some time to put the words down.  It should be posted here on my blog in the next few days.

Have a creative and joy filled day, everyday in 2013!!!!  Thank you for visiting my blog.  ~  Linda