Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Monday, September 24, 2012

More Leaves

  
All sorts of groaning pun titles wanted to be published, but I just couldn't pull it off. (Jewelry That's Leaving Me. or Don't Leave Me Alone With Wire.)  (Goan!)  For the past several days I have been focused on jewelry that has a leaf theme or symbol.  It's that time of the year when the lovely shoppers want something that reminds them of the autumn weather.  So I am obliging.
 
 
 
These necklaces have given me a hard time.  As simple and straight forward as the design appears, I continued to struggle.  Questions like; Should I design a drop in the front? Should I use one color leaf or multi-colors in each necklace?  Should I join the back links with jump rings or add in another element?  Why on earth did I make it so difficult?
 
Then it came time to assemble all of the parts and that became a challenge.  I needed to make sure the leaves were facing the same direction.  Plus, I wanted the loops to all be opening from the same direction.  And, finally, the spiral links needed to be facing the same way, with the open link facing the same. The orange leaf necklace was the second one assembled and it gave me the most challenge.  Perhaps I was tired.  Perhaps I was thinking too much.  Either way, I finally completed them both.
 
 Thank you for stopping by.  I hope that your designs are easier than my recent creations.

Have a joy filled and creative day,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda