Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Leaves of Change

It is that wonderful time of the year when the air has turned brisk and the leaves are changing color.  There is so much change in my life right now.  As I wrote in an earlier blog post, I have decided to move from this magical wonderland.  As soon as my house sells I'll be packing up the studio, again, and moving to Warrenton, VA.  It's a beautiful area in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with lots of horse pastures and about 20 vineyards.  And yes, there are even more opportunities to sell jewelry, but I'll also be able to teach jewelry classes again.

 


The falling leaves have inspired me to make some leaf jewelry. There is an incomplete leaf necklace on my work table that I hope to finish soon. I did however, finish a few leaf pendants and earring sets. Yes, plural. Because I sell in several venues I need to make multiples. Anyway, this leaf was inspired by a design I found on Pinterest and I must apologize, because I don't remember the designers name. I put my own twist on the pendant, naturally.  I used 18 gauge copper that I forged to add some shape and to work harden. Then I added some 4 mm crystals with some 24 gauge wire.

Since a lot of folks want sets I decided to go ahead and make matching earrings, but I used 20 gauge because the 18 gauge wouldn't fix in the crystals.

 
 
Now I need to get back to sorting and cleaning out closets.  There is no sense in packing and taking some of my 'collectables' to my new home.  I might as well begin purging and down sizing now.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
 
Linda
 
 

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! Good luck with selling the house and the move.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda