Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Windy Day in the Life of.....

No one told me or wrote about some of the things that really happen to those of us who make and sell jewelry for a living.  No one told me about wind and lugging the cardboard boxes full of inventory down the mountain street in Davis, WV.  No one told me how funny I must have looked chasing - first a box flying down the road, then a display bust taking off like a kite, or the big truck that stopped in the middle of the road to let me catch and pick up my things or was he chuckling in amusement?  Would I trade this madness?  Nope!  As awkward as my windy Saturday was, it can be said I was not bored.  Perhaps a little frustrated.  Perhaps a lot embarrassed.  Perhaps a scene from a romance novel....now to find that leading man!


This pendant's first photo op.  Pendant: Copper, hand forged, antiqued with crystal. This design was adapted from a design by Linda Jones.


The pendant has it's second photo op in it's new home
at the WV Highlands Artisan Gallery in Davis, WV

I have finally made the investment into new necklace busts.  In the beginning, my budget was...well very, very, very small.  Over time I planned to upgrade from the flat lint catcher busts to the professional pleather dimensional busts.  I still need to buy a few more. but I'm almost there.  Here's the before and after pictures.


Displays with the flat lint catcher easel busts


Displays with the new dimensional busts

I'm in the process of ordering a new glass display case.  I can't wait.  It will hold a lot more jewelry.  I'll post the upgraded display once it's been installed.

Thank you for visiting.

Linda

4 comments:

  1. Your craftsmanship is stunning and I'm most flattered and honoured to see how you've been inspired by my designs! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Your wire talents have inspired me for years. I do believe I have every book you have ever published. Now I watch you teach on www.bead.tv. Thank you for being an inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Linda, I can imagine that was quite an investment - that is quite a number of busts! Your display looks great, very professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, It's another thing that I haven't read about the investment in displays. I'm glad you like it. Your compliment means a great deal to me.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda