Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Loving Crazy Lace Agate

If you’ve read my blog before, you know how passionate I am about Crazy Lace Agate. The first time I saw it there was instant love. It has beautiful natural lines and markings and then some genius magically colored it a vibrant denim friendly blue. Then I found it in a fuchsia pink, purple and now it’s available in green.


Today I put the finishing touches on a fuchsia pink crazy lace agate and copper necklace. It's adjustable from 16" to 20" in length. Sometimes I have an idea or plan for the piece of jewelry I want to create. Sometimes the plan changes or evolves. I was looking through my drawers of beads, stones and crystals and these lovelies caught my eye and then stuck to my hands. My next thought was ‘oh, these will make a nice bracelet’. I sat down with some copper wire and when this piece was about the size of a bracelet I laid it on my wrist. I really liked it. I remember thinking ‘oh, how pretty!’ But, I felt a strong pull to keep going and turn it into a necklace and I’m happy that I followed my intuition.


This necklace will go on display at the WV Highlands Gallery in Davis, WV (the link is on the left side of my blog), next month. I’m ordering a larger display and I have plans for a section dedicated to necklaces. The new display is a big step for me and for whatever reason I’ve been dragging my feet. But, no more procrastinating, I’ll be getting the order in very soon. I’ll write more about it later.

Thank you for visiting. Now, I urge you to go do something creative. It’s such a stress buster!

Linda


2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous necklace! The copper and the agate really look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, Thank you. When I decided to used copper with the fushia pink I actually hesitated. I lucked out. But now I know I can use these colors together again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda