www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Earth to Linda

I am such a creature of habit.  Sometimes I forget to take a second look at things to see if there is a wiser way to achieve the same result.  Thank goodness someone put me in front of a PC or I'd still be using a typewriter.  This same approach just came to light with jump rings.  Why keep taking all those finger steps to achieve a goal when there is an easier and quicker way?  Not to mention customers won't care.

I was taught 'why buy jump rings when you can make your own'?  Well, certainly that makes sense - sometimes.  Perhaps this makes sense when I need one or a hand full or if I run out of inventory.  But today the light bulb finally went on.  I think I had a brown out.  I was in production making 5 necklaces.  Each takes about 30 jump rings for a massive 150 jump rings.  I found myself coiling, coiling, coiling and thinking, wow I need to cut and align each of these.  Light bulb time!  I can buy them!  And buy them cheap!  Input a picture of me banging my head against the wall.  Where or where did my common sense go?

I can buy 100 jump rings, already antiqued, 18ga at 6mm for a whopping $1.37  I bet if I do some research I can find them in bulk for even less money.

So I can spend less than 2 cents a jump ring or I can spend a lot of time making them.  I figure it is now costing me about 10 cents a jump ring based on my rate and materials.  Did I mention that I used to be a cost accountant?  Good thing I changed career directions!

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Now I am signing off to order some jump rings! 

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda