www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Crape Myrtles and a Spider

Some of you know that my previous home in Reston, VA occupied my spare time with lots and lots of gardening.  To the point that my townhouse yard was completely full of flowers and plants.  There wasn't a blade of grass to be found.  My new home here in WV has a large yard, but I haven't had much time to develop the garden since I've been occupied with establishing my jewelry business.  Last year I did manage to plant 4 Crape Myrtles even tho they are best suited for a plant zone 6 and I now live in a colder zone 5.  But I so love Crape Myrtles that I took a huge risk and planted them.  I was so happy to see that they survived their first winter. Today while mowing I have discovered that 1 of the 4 has a bloom.  You just can't imagine my excitement.  I am over joyed.


Eventually, my Crape Myrtles will grow to full size.  Two are going to be 8 feet high by 8 to 10 feet in diameter.  The other two are Crape Myrtle trees and are going to be 20 to 25 feet high.  I just can't wait for them to be completely covered with these passionate blooms.

Silly me, I got a bit upset when I discovered that one tiny blossom  had fallen to the ground.  It looks so pretty surround by my lawn.  Yes, my lawn is full of 'other stuff'.  Let's call it ground cover - ha!


Now on to the scary part of my gardening story.  The spider!  It had weaved a web between the bush and the porch post right at my front door.  I've never seen a spider that looks like this.  There's a yellow color and stripes.  Oh and did I mention big!?  The second picture gives you an idea of it's size.    I quickly went back into the house and fetched my can of bug insecticide.  The last picture shows you my plan of attack for all of the insects that feel the cool brisk mountain night air and think they are moving inside to my warm home.  Not!


Thank you for visiting.  I hope you have a wonderful and happy day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda