www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, August 22, 2011

Prototype Pendant Is Mine

I've decided to keep this pendant for my own.  In the past I have used the double helix technique in bracelets.  I've always had it in my mind to use in a pendant and today it finally was created on my work table. 

Here's a jewelry math question that I (the retired accountant) need help with...If a 12.75 mm manual is used to make the circle, wouldn't that mean there would be a 12.75 mm opening in the center?  Then how did a 14 mm bead fit perfectly in the center?  I'm scratching my head with this one.  Where did the 1.25 mm extra space for the bead come from?


I've made this double helix larger than the bracelet link.  There were a few road blocks in it's design, as the eye loops simply did not want to align correctly.  I think it's clear in the picture.   There was a happy accident that helped me continue with my frustrated adventure.  I decided that the hole in the center was too large to be attractive.  I picked up the first blue Crazy Lace agate bead that my hand could reach and sah-zam!  It fit the opening exactly.  Happy dance!  This made the several hours that were invested into this pendant worth it.  I haven't decided whether or not to reproduce this pendant for sale.  After all I do need to make a profit and the public really won't pay for 4 hours of labor for a bronze pendant.  I'm just not famous enough!  So somehow I need to be able to get it made in under an hour.  Perhaps I'll be more successful with practice.  But not today.  Today I'm frustrated with the time I've spent.  The reward however is something for me!  And, that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda