Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shoot I Shot The Shot

I know, the title made you groan!  Well, guess how I feel right now.  I just finished hours of photographing jewelry.  Then I went to my laptop to edit the pictures.  I kept looking at this pendant.  Maybe because I really love it, but really I was looking at the details.  I was bummed because it looked like I hadn't quite made the curl on the end of one of the tendrils the way I'd like.  I looked closer.  Then closer.  Drat!  The good news it's not an error with my hands and tools.  The bad news is there is a piece of shot stuck in the curl.  Well, I thought, I moved this pendant while shooting, perhaps it fell out and some of the pictures could be saved. HA!  No such luck.  I'm tired.  It's late.  I'll re-shoot this pendant, less the shot tomorrow morning.


For those of you who might be new to jewelry making this piece of shot is a tiny piece of steel.  There are thousands of pieces of various shapes that are inside my tumbler.  The tumbler removes all those rough edges on the wire and makes it feel oh so smooth.  Plus it gives the wire a nice polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda