Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Friday, June 17, 2011

Master Mind Group ~ So We Would Like To Believe

Since March 11, 2011 I have been a member of a group that meets once a week for an hour on a telephone conference call.  I thought I'd write a bit about these meetings because they have helped to motivate me with my growing jewelry business.  Perhaps one of my readers would find my experience useful.


Don Sinish (my ex-husband) created this group originally with 4 members.  It has since settled into 3 members, DonJanet Carlton and myself.  This seems to be the perfect amount of folks, at least for our purposes.  We aim to keep our meeting to one hour, giving each member 20 minutes of discussion time.  Sometimes our meeting extends for another 20 minutes when we are on a roll.



Don Sinish is an artist and wants our Mastermind Group to help him find ways to sell more of his art.
Janet Carlton is a personal coach and wants our Mastermind Group to help her increase her clientele.
Me, I make jewelry and want our Mastermind Group to help me to increase the galleries and shops that sell my jewelry.

So you can see we are a diverse group.  I think this is of value since our backgrounds and businesses are so unique.  Some of our ideas and suggestions will not be of use to everyone, however most of the time each of us will have a profound comment that is exactly the right words needed to motivate someone to create.


The concept of the Mastermind Group was formally introduced by Napoleon Hill in the early 1900's. In his classic, "Think And Grow Rich".  I've attached a link that goes into detail about a mastermind group.  I'm certain each group that is formed will have it's own personality and design. But here's how we three have formed and operate our group.  We meet weekly for an hour by telephone (we use Free Conference Call) to discuss our personal business; the landmarks, the hurdles, and the roadblocks.  We encourage each other.  We take suggestions from each other. We keep each other honest.  We let each other know what we are hearing, which might be different from what the speaker thinks is being said.  This is the keeping each other honest part.  I would encourage anyone that is thinking of joining or creating a Mastermind Group to keep in mind that your friends or business relationships are there to help and sometimes to bring our personal fears and roadblocks to our awareness.


A little bit about today's meeting:  We each experienced a frustrated, bizarre and confused week.  We all had successes, yet we seemed to have a bit of frustration in our awareness.  We blamed it on the recent full moon and decided to have a better week.  Who knows the truth behind three sensible people all having bummer weeks at the same time, but the full moon just made sense in a not so sensible week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda