www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Learning To Use The Jewelers Saw

Hoo!  Hoo!  Today, I finally learned to use the jewelers saw.  I've had this saw in my tool cabinet for, hmmm, years.  I've watched many videos on You Tube.  Today, I finally mustered up the nerve to use it.  I needed to make some jump rings for a bronze bracelet that is in production.  In the past I would make my jump rings by cutting them with a flush cutter.  Since this piece is destined for a gallery, I thought I'd step it up a notch.

New blades in the plastic bag on the left, the blade lube to help the blade glide, under the saw are some broken blades that I made during my learning curve and then those beautiful jump rings.
At first there was some frustration.  It was slow going.  I even thought I'd put down the saw and pick up my cutters, because it would be faster.  And quite frankly the cutters do a really good job.  But I kept at it.  I was relentless with my determination to learn.  There were several saw blades that broke in the learning curve.  At one point I thought it just wasn't worth the effort since nothing was cutting.  Turns out there's a right side and a wrong side to the blades. DAH!  Then there's the direction of the teeth on the blades. DAH!  Once I got the presser to use under control to eliminate the breaking of the blades I was on my way.  With each jump ring that was successfully cut I would feel so much success and drive to do more.  I am pretty sure that the process will get faster as my experience improves. The final jump rings look very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda