www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Perfect Day At The Market

It's been 2 days since the Elkins Farmers Market at the Train Depot.  It's taken me this long to get back into the groove. Sunday I did absolutely nothing and I thought today was tomorrow.  I am so relieved because I thought I lost a day.  Ever do that!?


The market was perfect!  I loved every moment of it.  Even when the gust of wind kocked some of my displays down, and then did it again.  It was toward the end of the event so if it's going to happen that was the time.  There were a few times when a lot of the farmers and artisans were standing with one hand holding down their tents.  Apparently this is normal.  The market is in the paved courtyard of the train station so there is no way to anchor the tent legs into the ground. So I'll be redesigning my jewelry displays.  I have a few heavy duty displays that I'll bring next time.  I was trying to avoid lugging them around, but a gals gotta' do what a gals gotta' do.  My signage needs to be completed so it can be displayed.  I'm hoping that it will be ready soon.  The picture frame signage likes to pretend it's a kite.  I'm questioning whether I should bring my bi-fold louver door.  I use it for hanging earrings.  I'm afraid it might catch too much wind, but then again, if I secure it to the table legs....hmmm.  I'll post a picture of the wind resistant booth very soon.  One last note, the table to the left didn't have bed risers under the legs, that let my table drapes hang too long.  That's already been resolved for next week with a short trip to K-Mart.


Some of the guests were locals and many were tourist who come from all over the States to ride the train.  Now lets talk about the train whisle.  It's LOUD!  I guess because the train is so BIG!  It goes off to announce loading or perhaps last call.  But, there is no warning.  So when it honked both of my feet left the ground.  I couldn't have jumped that high if I tried.  I wonder if I'm going to be as startled next Saturday.


The above picture is the Americorp tent.  They were helping children build bird houses and the Division of Forestry were handing out red spruce saplings.  .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda