www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

Confronting the Cowardly Lion

Well I did it!  Finally, after months of procrastination.  The application has been completed and submitted to the West Virginia Highlands Gallery.  This morning the paperwork was completed, scanned into the laptop and submitted, along with 8 pictures of wire jewelry pieces.  The application fee has been written and the stamps are on the envelope.  Now, some of you many wonder what the big deal is.  Some who know me and my compulsion to complete a task may be scratching your head.  It's not typical of me to postpone or procrastinate.  But, I did.  Inside me I found the cowardly lion.  That part of me that has a fear of rejection.  I could write volumns on my emotional roller coaster, but I'll let you use your imagination.

This is how I felt before I completed the application

This is how I feel now that the application is submitted
Here's a peak at the pieces I've submitted.

Bracelet: Bronze Wire and Swarovski Crystals

Earrings:  Antiqued Copper Wire and Crystals

Earrings:  Copper Wire

Necklace:  Copper Wire and Fresh Water Pearls

Pendant:  Copper Wire (adapted brooch design by Sharilyn Miller)

Pendant:  Silver Wire and Swarovski Crystal

Bracelet:  Antiqued Copper Wire (adapted from class taught by Jeanette Blix)

Bracelet:  Bronze Wire (adapted design by Sharilyn Miller)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, you should feel like the second lion when filling out your applications, proud and confident. For any reason if you were rejected, which I don't think you will be, so what!? If you love what you do and it brings you so much joy, I wouldn't let any outside influences change that:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda