www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, April 25, 2011

Elkins Farmers Market at the Train Depot


I am very happy to announce that my jewelry and I will be spending Saturday mornings under a tent at the Elkins Farmers Market from May through October.  Several weeks ago I sent an inquiry asking if the market had artisans along with the farmers.  A few pictures of my latest designs were included so they would have an idea of my style.  They kindly invited me to attend their board meeting and to have my jewelry juried.  I fully expected to leave my jewelry with them while they judged it in private.  There were just a few people in the conference room when I entered.  I was welcomed with smiles and ask to display my jewelry on the table.  I then took a seat.  Gradually the room began to fill up as more and more artisans and farmers entered. A few looked, touched and asked me questions about my jewelry.  'Did I make this (link) from wire?'  Later I was to find out that these three interested people were the judges and headed up the jewelry committee.  I noticed my stress level increase as more people entered the room, about 30 in total. 

Source:  http://www.artunderglass.etsy.com/
The meeting was called to order, minutes read, and the agenda started.  Little did I realize that I was part of the agenda.  Gads!  I had the fleeting thought of how I could escape!  I was not comfortable.  I really felt like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz holding onto his tail. But, I was brave.  Nervous, but brave.  Then my name was mentioned and the President of the board asked the committee what there decision was.  Yippee!   They accepted me.  But, I have to think, what if they hadn't accepted me.  How embarrassed I would have been.


The Elkins Farmers Market is held in the large courtyard of the Elkins Train Depot a very popular place.  Some of the people are residence of the area and come to buy their weekly locally grown fresh veggies.   Other people are tourist that come to ride through the mountains and forest on one of the several different types of trains.

Here is the link for a 15 second video of the markets' TV commercal from their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150156476757012&oid=108701375866826&comments

Here's a video of one of the trains that will take you on a trip through the natural beauty that I now call home. 


I'll be seeing and hearing trains every week.  I must admit it looks like fun and I'll be taking train rides soon and letting you know about my trips.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit ~ Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda