www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Two Awesome New Magazines

Yesterday, I finally found a Barnes and Nobel book store.  Of course I had to drive nearly 2 hours to get to it in Morgantown, WV.  There is something very satisfying about actually being in a book store.  Certainly I can order on line and allow the mail carrier to deliver my treasures to my home, but being surrounded by all of those wonderful volumes of books, not to mention the treasure hunt, is so much fun.

There in the magazine section I was spellbound and so happy with my discoveries.  Not one, but two wonderful jewelry magazines had to come home with me.  They are fabulous!  Both are equally wonderful, but I'll list them in the order in which they are on my desk.

Handcrafted Jewelry from the editors of Beadwork magazine.  As the picture tells a thousand stories or at least 25 project tutorials, you can see why I'm excited.  If you've been thinking of trying your hand at resin, there is a very clear and creative project by Deryn Menlock.  Plus, other projects with fiber, polymer, wire, and enameling.  This magazine is endless with possibilities.


And then there is Wirework published by Art Jewelry magazine. Drum roll please....More resin and more wire.  I can't wait to start to make the 'infinity love knot' by Kimberly Berlin. And then there's the beautiful wire cuff on the cover by Lisa Niven Kelly.

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Have a joy filled and creative day!  Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda
    I understand that fun and excitement of walking in to a book store and finding a few new jewelry publications to bring home. I have both of these issues as well and they are fantastic! I'm a big fan of Deryn Mentock as well, and if you can make it to ArtBLISS this year, you can meet her in person! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda