Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Necklace for WV Highlands Gallery

Here's the second of six pieces of jewelry for West Virginia Highlands Gallery.  The goal is to have everything completed by the end of this week.



This necklace is made from copper and fresh water pearls.  My initial intention was to oxidize the metal, but after some research I discovered that the liver of sulphur and the tumbling would remove the luster from the pearls.  So I have left it natural.  The links without the pearls were tumbled to work harden the metal, prior to assembling.


After coiling the wire for the focal pendant, I used a plastic card to open all the spaces equally.  The pearls have been spaced with small coils.


It took a while and some patience to assemble all of the links.  It was a task getting all the links to be connected in a consistant direction.  Just when I thought the links were correct, I would find one that was backward or upside down.  After some time, what I thought was a simple design, finally came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda