www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Invitation to be a Contributing Writer

Who'da thunk!  I am now a contributing writer for another blog www.createtucker.wordpress.com  I received a telephone call from Katie Griffith, the coordinator for the blog asking me if I would be interested in being one of the writers.  I was flabbergasted!  The other writers are all very successful and deeply immersed in the arts community.
Why me?  How did she find  me?  Questions, questions, questions.  Somehow my name came up at the local newspaper.  That's right!  The newspaper!  It turns out that 'the Advocate' is behind this blog.  One thing lead to another and here I am.  No!  I am not a professional writer.  I do like to talk and talk a lot!  So I usually put my conversation into key strokes, then go back and re-read and edit, edit, edit.  Asking questions along the way.  Such as, is that sentence too long? (I seem to love paragraph sentences), How do you spell that?, Did that make sense?  Just how many commas should I use and where on earth should I put them?  So now I write this blog for me and over time I have gained a readership.  And you don't seem to mind my lack of grammarship. Why can't spell check find this?  I do love to make up words!  On a personal note I must chuckle and look, back at my creative writing professor and his hurtful comments.  I have a sense of satisfaction, as I continue to chuckle.

So back to my writing for another blog. Here's what the Create Tucker about page says:  (better words than mine)
'Welcome to CreateTucker — an online community dedicated to all things Arts-related in Tucker County, West Virginia. This blog, in conjunction with the Parsons Advocate, aims to create a place for discussion about the Arts and Music scene in and around Tucker County.'
I think a lot of readers no  matter where you live will gain some insights and value from reading the blog posts.  I've already published an article about Hertiage House an art co-op.  My next post will appear this Sunday, when I aim to open a discussion on 'Inspiration and Creativity'

Thank you for listening and reading. Have a joy filled and creative day!  Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda