www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

Evolution Of The Creative Process

How does our mind take a thought or idea and expand it into something else?  We are amazing humans. 


This big thought came to the fore front of my mind when a necklace that I made began to reshape and turn into another design.  The SciFi folks call this shape shifting.  The art folks call it creative.  It looks to me like a creative idea can continue to evolve and re-create perhaps endlessly.  I find it fascinating.  I want to explore this creative evolution even further.

                 

Here's what's happened; I made a heart necklace, in silver with 5 identical hearts as the focal point.  As I looked at it, a strong thought landed in my mind.  I wanted to only have 3 hearts and the center heart should be larger than the two flanking hearts.  I also wanted it to be in bronze and with crystals.  So I began the measuring and shaping of the larger center heart.  At first it was too narrow and simply didn't look like the other 2 hearts, repeatedly, I adjusted my measurements and the position where I placed the beginning of the wire in my round nose pliers.  After several attempts I was satisfied with the larger heart.  I then proceeded to write the measurements and directions down, so I wouldn't forget.  I've done that before, where I've tried to recreate something, but forgot the instructions.  Not a happy time when that happens! 


Since I didn't have bead caps, twisted jump rings or headpins in bronze I had to make them from my wire.  I changed the fresh water pearl to a happy rondel crystal.  What a difference!  Even though the 2 necklaces are similar, there is a distinct and unique personality to each of these necklaces.

Now my mind wants me to go forward and tweak this design again.  I feel strongly that the back of the necklace should be changed from wire wrapped crystals to a chain or cording.  The creative process of this one design keeps evolving.  I have a wonderful and satisfying sense about this process.  I'm wondering how far I can evolve this one design and can I continue this creative process with other designs?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda