www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crazy Lace Spiral Bracelet

It's cold outside, here in the mountains, so I'm staying toasty warm inside my studio and keeping busy twisting wire.  It's a choice of making jewelry or vacuuming the house.  I figure the vacuum needs a day off.


Actually, I left the studio and sat on the floor in front of the TV with my hand tools, wire and beads.  It's become a favorite place.  Don't get me wrong, I do love, love, love my studio, but sometimes I need a good dose of 'Bones' and her hunky FBI dude - Booth.  Focus, Linda, focus!

For this bracelet, I began making spiral after spiral.   Then gave them a wrack with my jewelers hammer, and moved on to the beads.  The beads are called crazy lace agate.  This is for sure my favorite bead.  They have wonderful natural patterns throughout each bead.  I'm reasonably sure that the lovely blue comes from a dye, because this stone also comes in pink and purple.  This blue is perfect with denim jeans.  I've taken the wire and made caps on the ends of each bead.  I must admit that this isn't the easiest or quickest technique, but being the tiniest bit stubborn, err I mean determined, I wasn't about to quit until every bead was capped.  Finally, I connected all the beads with handcrafted jump rings, added a spiral to each jump ring and then I made and attached the clasp.


This bracelet will fit a wrist size from 7 1/2" to 8 1/2", because I added several jump rings to the end to make it adjustable.  Each of the spirals are 1/2" long and 5/32" wide, the beads are 1/2" x 3/8 ".  All of the components are a  feminine size, yet there's lots of fun movement with the spirals. I'm going to list this in my on line shop http://www.artyzenstudio.etsy/.  I think $38.00 is a good price and of course the shipping is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda