Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Copper Earrings In My Etsy Shop $24.00

My last post showed you a picture of copper hoop earrings that were still incomplete.  Here is a picture of both pairs that I made, before the final steps.


Yesterday, they were dunked into a bath of liver of sulphur.  They sure turn black.
 

Then fine steel wool was used to restore some of the beauty of the copper color, but left the oxidization in the nooks and crannys to add depth.  Finally, they took a ride in the tumbler to remove any sharp edges, harden the metal so they will retain their shape and added a pretty shine.



The larger pair measures 2 1/2" in length from the top of the ear wire and 1 1/4" in diameter.  These are now in my Etsy shop so someone can add them to their collection of hand crafted jewelry.  The other pair are spoken for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda