www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Spiral Nugget Earrings - $26


I wrote this post several days ago.  I just noticed that I forgot to actually post it so you can see.   Hmmm, I wonder where my mind wondered.  Please forgive my tardiness.  Here you go...

I was searching my creative mind for a new design.  Not an uncommon process for most jewelry artists.  It can be fun or it can be really frustrating.  I came up with the spiral nugget.  I don't think it's an actual new creation.  Most likely one of my very talented friends has already designed it before my pliers met the wire.  But it is new to me.  I started out by making a spiral cage, but didn't leave the cage open for a bead.  I squished it back together and then in on the sides. I think it looks like a nugget.  After it was attached to this lovely crystal roundel, it went swimming in a pool of liver of sulphur.  Then the real work began.  Steel wool and lots of patience to remove the excess oxidation to reveal an antique look. They are 2" in length.  Finally, a ride in the tumbler to work harden, a series of pictures and now to the blog.  Yes, yes, these will be listed in my shop (http://www.artyzenstudio.etsy.com/) so they can find a new home.  Al tho, I'm tempted to keep them.  But, I can't keep everything.  Can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda