www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Creative Process And The Red Necklace


I thought that it would be an idea to write about my creative process.  Today's necklace started when I woke up with it on my mind. I had an idea of twisted wire that would cage a red bead.  Up pops the logic (first mistake)  and I thought if I twist 2 lengths of 20 gauge wire together it would turn out to be too thick, so I choose to twist thinner 26 gauge wire.  This wire was difficult to coil into a cage and I found it helpful to lay the pliers down and actually use my finger.  The final coils were flimsy and made a cage that really didn't have very much personality.  So, using logic again (2nd mistake) I decided to twist 2 lengths of 24 gauge wire.  It was a challenge to get it to coil and to stay coiled, but it finally took shape into a cage.  Once the bead was inside it was okay.  I'm not really looking for okay.  I want wonderful.  My intuition sent me to the 20 gauge wire and for it not to be twisted. My old standby I thought.  Also, I didn't think this would be unique.  But I was surprised with the results.  Perhaps because I just love red and I love cages.  Is that logic or creative?  I seemed to hear my thoughts direct me to inter space the silver filigree between the caged beads.  Also, I automatically decided to center a large bead and flank it with smaller beads, and finally even smaller beads.  I love the results.


This necklace is 18" long and lays perfectly on the neckline.  The red color is wonderful (remember I love red), but it's perfect for the Christmas season.  I'm going to list this in my Etsy on line shop http://www.artyzenstudio.etsy.com/ .  Part of me wants to keep it.  I'd never sell anything if I kept it all, so on with the listing. I'm going with my first creative/intuitive thought for the price of $35.00  I battled my logic over the price.  I analysed and reanalysed.  Finally I said quit thinking and go with your intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda