Yesterday I attending a metal working class taught by my friend Jeanette www.jeanetteblix.com. She is a wonderful and talented teacher.
This is the picture of the metalworked earrings. It's the first time I've cut metal sheet. We used 24 ga sheet and cut and filed our links. Then decorative marks were made using different punches.
The ribcage technique in these earrings is very tricky. We used 18 ga wire. There is a lot of moving the round nose plyers around and reinserting into the link from a different angle. But with focus and of course lots of practice the bead is formed. This bead looks remarkable as part of a necklace or bracelet.
I'm still deciding on whether these earrings should be aged in liver of sulphur.