Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Appalachian Dreaming


I've been chatting with my sister, Sandy today on the phone. She lives on top of a mountain, right outside of the sweet little town of Parsons, WV. She is starting to get her house ready for me to stay for a while next year. That's right! I'll be packing up Sadie and the studio and moving to the Appaliachian Mountains. I am so excited. The big date is undetermined at this time, but my goal is sometime next summer and no later than this time next year. I'll be putting most of my belongings into storage temporarily, until I find my new home and studio. Sandy has graciously offered me a place to camp until I can get settled. All this needs to happen before this time next year, because it snows early in the mountains and it snows a lot.


So my head is in the clouds and soon it will actually be in the clouds. It is absolutely gorgeous there. Mountains and mountain tops everywhere you look. I'll be taking my wire art and putting it into action. I am hopeful that I will be able to teach and sell my wire art at http://www.mountainmade.com/ It's an artisan program that is funded by West Virginia. It's located in Thomas, WV which is only 20 minutes north of Parsons. I'll also introduce myself and wire jewelry to Randolph Arts http://www.randolpharts.org/ in Elkins and to Artist At Work http://www.nakiska.com/artistsatwork/Default.htm in Elkins.


This picture was taken out front of Sandy's home on top of St. George Mountain. Everywhere you look there are more mountain tops. Here's the reason John Denver wrote the song 'Almost Heaven, West Virginia'.

So as you can see there are lots of places for me to keep my wire art jewelry active along with meeting lots of like minded people. I can't wait to get started, but in the meantime I'll keep day dreaming about the Appalachian's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda