Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Coiled Copper Bracelet


Whew! I didn't think I would ever get this bracelet done. But, here it is. This bracelet took me hours to complete over a period of 3 days. I found the design in Sharilyn Miller's book "Bead on a Wire". I have always admired her work, but after this bracelet my respect for her has skyrocketed.

Using 14 gauge copper wire to make many coils was the first task. After that there was 20 gauge to wrap at the joints and some more 14 gauge for other joints. Every time I thought I was close to completion there was yet another spiral. I must admit that I was determined to complete this bracelet. I now know why jewelry artist can and should charge a lot of money for their work. The practice and time alone run up the taxi meter.

Finally this morning I antiqued this piece in Liver of Sulphur, then used steel wool to bring the copper to the front again and then it went on a ride in my tumbler for an hour to harden and remove any tiny blemishes.

I tried it on and just love it! It is worth every minute and hour that went into it. I plan on keeping this lovely for my personal collection so it will be shown in the gallery on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda