Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Copper Bracelet and Pendant

Today I completed a copper bracelet and pendant. It is the first time that I have actually used liver of sulphur to antique my wire and then used 000 steel wool to bring out the high lights. Using the steel wool has the same artistic challenge as paint on a canvas. It's knowing when to stop. It was a very interesting experiment.

For those of you who haven't use liver of sulphur be warned! This stuff stinks. It stinks a lot! So I was outside in the cold, so the smell wouldn't overtake me. I'm sure my neighbors must have thought I was a bit weird. But I think the few minutes in the cold was worth it. Al tho, it would have been smart of me to have put on a coat. Dah!

I am thrilled with the final projects. It is amazing how much the antique effects improve the appearance of the wire.
From looking at this picture of the pendant I need to go tweak the bottom coils where they connect to the drop. They are hanging a bit to the side. It's interesting how I don't see some of these areas until they have been photographed and published. Geeish! I am always learning.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this pendant! It is very different and interesting. Will you be selling it soon?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I'll answer any of your questions very soon. Linda