www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Friends Making Earrings



Several friends from our neighborhood got together Sunday to make earrings. I am always amazed at the wonderful creativity that these friends express with their remarkable earring creations. Two of the ladies were new to the group and had never picked up a pair of jewelry pliers or a headpin, but they shined with their designs and finished earrings. One friend wanted a pair of hoops. Since I was teaching a basic introduction earring class we were using ear wires and headpins. I quickly put on my wire wrapping hat. I had to switch gears in my head. I took a length of 20 gauge wire and wrapped it around a spice jar. This was work hardened with the rawhide hammer. The wires were then cut the same as for jump rings, only these were huge. A quick loop was made on one end. My friend loaded it with the beads she wanted and then another loop was made on the other end of the hoop. These 2 loops were connected with a jump ring and then to the ear wire.

I learned a lot by teaching this class. I should say I always learn a lot from teaching a jewelry class. The students always have an idea or question that I need to come up to the plate to answer or create.

As you can see from the picture we all had a great time. Lots of friendship, food and I think we ended up with more than 25 pairs of earrings.

Sadie was very attentive and kept a close watch out on all the activities. By the end of our class she was very tired and had to rest on her pillow.