Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

I'VE MOVED ! Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan
I hope you will come see me and my new place to post updates and pictures at Facebook.com/LindaSinishJewelryArtisan

Monday, August 18, 2008

Wire Chandelier Earrings

Saturday I took another class with Jeanette. We learned how to make these wonderful chandelier earrings. This picture is of the practice earrings that are made from copper wire. I have the sterling silver wire ready and waiting for the pair I will wear.
If you look closely at the wire wrapping you will see very small eyes that are worked into the pattern from the same wire as the wrapping. This is just too cool for words. From these tiny eyes I have attached tear drop glass beads that have been wrapped to form a bead cap and then a connection ring which attaches to the tiny eyes.
As I look at this picture I notice the top loops.
need to be tightened up. I unwound them to add the small copper chain to the top. I'll get out my round nose pliers and correct these.
I'm thinking that I will order some Swavoski crystal drops to be added to the sterling silver set I will make. Then they will really sparkle as they swing from my ears. It'll take a few days to get the crystals in from http://www.artbeads.com/. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture next week.