www.LindaSinish.com

www.LindaSinish.com
I hope you will come see my newly remodeled website and all of it's new pictures. As of, February 2015 there are still a few more adjustments, but I'd love for you to
be one of the firsts to see it's new look. www.LindaSinish.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Camera and Photo Setup

No one told me that along with learning lots of wire techniques that I'd also be learning a lot about taking pictures to be published. I have stressed and stressed over getting decent quality photos. I've used boxes and lights; setup outside and in daylight. But I finally broke down and invested in this white gizmo. I think it's called a photo tent or a photo cloud. I kept putting off the expense because my vendor wanted about $90 for a tiny one. Finally I woke up one morning with EBay on my mind. There I found it. Brand spanking new with shipping and handling included at a buy it now price of less than $20. So it pays (really) to shop around and maybe you'll save $70 bucks like I did. Now I have more money for wire.

I've taken over an unused bathroom, which is next to my studio. I placed the cloud on a chest to bring it up to a workable height. My jewelry goes into the cloud (the front cover comes off and on with Velcro. My camera is on a Walmart tripod (the good tripod has my plein-air painting easel on it) Then I put a bunch of spare lights around it and they all are plugged into an extension cord. I plug it in when in use and make sure it's unplugged when I'm done because things get too hot to leave unattended.